The study council
The Study Council (Skolerådet) is the senior advisory body for the Schools of Visual Arts. The Study Council comprises all professors, elected representatives for the laboratories and other staff, and student representatives.
- Rector Sanne Kofod Olsen. The rector is always Chair of the Study Council (ex officio)
- External representative appointed by the Danish Ministry of Culture: Vibeke Windeløv. Deputy: Tine Fischer.
- The professors of the Schools of Visual Arts, the head of Basic Studies, the head of Institute and the head of the Department for Theory and Presentation are always members of the Council (ex officio). At present, these are: Anette Abrahamsson, Angela Melitopoulos, Gerard Byrne, Katya Sander, Martin Erik Andersen, Nils Norman, Thomas Locher, Sidsel Nelund and Carsten Juhl.
- Non-professorial academic staff (election period 1 February 2014 to 31 January 2016): Lars Folke Grenaae and Henriette Heise. Deputy: Franco Turchi, 2nd deputy: Henrik Reimann.
- Technical and administrative staff (election period 1 February 2014 to 31 January 2016): Kim Ernest. Deputy: Mudzail Zejnel, 2nd deputy: Kirsten Kajberg.
- Student representatives (election period 1 February 2014 to 31 January 2016): Astrid Sonne, Hannah Anbert and Kristoffer Raasted. Deputies (listed in order): Birk Horst, Albin Werle, Anna Holmberg, Mathilde Bjerre and Tore Hallas.
The student council
The Student Council (De Studerendes Råd (DSR)) represents the students. The Student Council comprises a representative and a deputy from each of the Schools of Visual Arts and from the first and second years of Basic Studies.
The Student Council is in session approximately once a month. Meeting schedules vary, but the council always meets on Mondays preceding a Thursday where the Study Council is in session. The meetings take place in the Basic Studies meeting room/kitchen, 4th floor, Hirschsprung.
At the meetings the council members discuss and share information about a range of topics, including the structure of the study programmes, HR issues, policy matters and practicalities. The Student Council also handles student complaints and initiatives. Student Council meetings are open to all interested parties; however, the council asks all prospective observers to notify them in advance.
The Student Council has access to a secretary who takes care of various practical and administrative tasks. The secretary also manages the Exhibition Space Q; the students’ own exhibition venue where students can apply to exhibit their work.
THE STAFF-STUDENT STUDY COMMITTEE
The Staff-Student Study Committee makes decisions regarding the form and content of the study programmes and handles applications for leave and credit transfers. The Staff-Student Study Committee also handles admissions of exchange students.
Applications for the Staff-Student Study Committee should be submitted to study secretary Lena Rodgers:
- Academic staff (election period 1 February 2016 to 31 January 2018): Anette Abrahamsson, Chair. Lars Grenaae, Sidsel Nelund og Ulrik Heltoft.1. deputy: Henriette Heise.
- Students (election period lgt fra 1 February 2017 to 31 January 2018): Sufie Elmgren (BFA), Peter Højbjerg (BFA), Mathilde Spangsberg-Bjerre (MFA), Sara Annsofidotter (MFA). 1. deputy: Ida Schrader (BFA), 2. deputy: Anna Kristine Hvid Petersen (BFA), 3. deputy: Mai Keldsen (BFA).